|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Two to five years of experience as a mechanical technician with recent high tech mechanical assembly experience|
|Education||High School diploma/or equivalent|
Responsible for the assembly of all mechanical components of automation equipment per supplied mechanical drawings and the assembly of pneumatic components. Will also be performing the mechanical portions of testing, debugging, installing and repairing automation equipment. Lead others on project teams to accomplish same.
• Assemble complex mechanical components per supplied mechanical drawings.
• Understand and be able to teach others in precision machine assembly and alignment to required tolerances.
• Identify and troubleshoot mechanical/pneumatic problems and implement solutions.
• Responsible for mechanical portion of installation and repair of machines at customer’s facility.
• Plan for the assembly process of complex mechanical assemblies to optimize factors of logical assembly, available parts and production resources available to achieve on time delivery at the best cost.
• Act as liaison to the customer representing the company during install and field service
• Determine what pneumatic components are required and assemble per pneumatic diagrams.
• Provide feedback regarding mechanical design, quality, schedule, conformance to standards and time estimates to complete projects.
• Lead and supervise team of mechanical technicians, mechanical contractors in the production custom robotic systems and products within project teams.
• Machine mechanical components using conventional and CNC machine tools.
• Assist engineering with machine and component design by contributing ideas for the resolution of design problems in a constructive manner.
• Drive personal or company vehicle to customers’ facilities for installation or service work, or to local vendors to obtain parts.
• Have a complete understanding of Bill of Material structure and how to use all internal resources to determine parts required, status of parts and manufacturers part numbers.
• Create simple but accurate mechanical sketches; mark modifications onto existing drawings.
• Assist in the debug phase of production (modify, re-machine, re-assemble).
• Inspect incoming manufactured parts for quality and conformance to print.
• Assist Controls and Electrical Technicians with mounting of electrical components.
• Direct mechanical and pneumatic work done by other technicians and contract personnel within project teams.
• May include domestic and international travel for installation and support (requiring current passport)
• Excellent mechanical aptitude.
• Good knowledge of pneumatic control and common devices.
• Excellent documentation ability.
• Basic knowledge of machine shop practice using conventional and CNC machine tools.
• Ability to interpret blue prints and make accurate modifications and sketches.
• Ability to use CAD systems such as Cadkey, AutoCAD and Inventor to create drawings highly desired.
• Ability to use PC’S to do conventional word processing, navigate the Internet, and utilize internal systems for drawing access, component tracking, email, etc.
• Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments.
• Ability to perform from oral or handwritten instructions.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Good interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
• Physical capabilities include sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience:
• Two to five years of experience as a mechanical technician with recent high tech mechanical assembly experience and a high school diploma/or equivalent are required for this position.
• One to two years of machining experience is strongly desired.
• Two to five years of calendar experience in the installation of equipment on the customer’s site.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 – 2015.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO/sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option, with weekly pay.