|Location||Vancouver, WA||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Extensive knowledge of 3GPP LTE related standards at the physical layer|
|Education||MSEE (Ph.D. preferred) in Electrical Engineering with minimum 2 years of experience (1 with Ph.D.)|
Senior Communication Systems Researcher
This is a unique opportunity to join an elite team of Portland-area wireless professionals to develop advanced communication technologies for next generation smartphones. This position will help develop air interface technologies for inclusion in future 3GPP wireless standards. You will be a part of a fast-moving team of researchers dedicated to inventing, simulating, verifying, and promoting in 3GPP novel air interface technologies. You will work to secure IP patent protection for new inventions. You will also prepare, present, and defend formal contributions at 3GPP RAN1 meetings.
This position requires expert knowledge of communication theory (protocols, system theory, probability, statistics, optimization theory, signal processing, algorithms, etc.), deep knowledge of LTE and one or more of the following technologies: MIMO, OFDMA, FEC Coding, HARQ, D2D, V2V/V2X, as well as knowledge of how these are implemented in LTE, and how they could be improved for NR. You must have a track record of the creation of original ideas in academia or industry, and creation of patentable ideas as well as a successful track record of introducing these ideas into communication systems standards bodies (preferably those in 3GPP).
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- MSEE (Ph.D. preferred) in Electrical Engineering with minimum 2 years of experience (1 with Ph.D.).
- Deep knowledge of 3GPP LTE related standards at the physical layer.
- Should have experience in MIMO, Reduced latency communication, vehicle to vehicle communication, license assisted access, radio resource control specs, physical layer control for LTE, dialing control for LTE.
- Demonstrated ability to create intellectual property leading to patent applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Simulation experience using MATLAB, Python, C/C++ or similar.
Desired Skills / Knowledge:
- Proven track record of successful contributions to 3GPP.
- In-depth knowledge of 3GPP standards and activities.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2015.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.