|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in Applications Engineering.|
|Education||Bachelor's degree in Engineering|
The Applications Engineer will assist in the initial concept, design input, buy-off and installation of equipment for advanced manufacturing, using knowledge of engineering and programming, as well as sophisticated metrology, machine vision, precision motion control and advanced robots. The primary objective of this role will be working with the team on vision technology - needed for immediate projects and to strengthen this core competency with our client.
- Leveraging your experience with machine vision and laser based metrology, work with the team to create a vision program using off the shelf products such as Keyence, Cognex, etc.
- Develop and review specifications for equipment, as well as performance requirements.
- Provide input to system operating manual.
- Work closely with project team to provide technical support during system power up/debug and factory acceptance testing.
- Oversee installation to see that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Test to make sure that machinery has the capability to carry out desired functions.
- Set schedule of procedures and maintenance tasks as required to maintain equipment in prescribed condition.
- Help provide technical information and training to workers in other departments as needed.
- Participate in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Provide equipment functionality and capability reports and act as technical liaison.
- Participate in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of machine vision systems, electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and computer programming.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- System integration, test and debug skills.
- Conceptual development of applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Use Microsoft software â€“ Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Requires domestic/international travel for installation and support. Typically three, 3-week trips/year.
- Must be eligible for or have a valid passport.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in applications engineering.
- Experience with machine vision and laser based metrology.
- Software programming experience using C# a plus.
- Allen Bradley PLC experience for commissioning and troubleshooting a plus.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2016.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.