|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Experience with PC hardware and software and Windows 7 in an industrial setting is greatly desired.|
|Education||AS degree in electronics or equivalent. Additional experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.|
This role is a key liaison between Manufacturing Technicians and the Applications Engineers and Controls Software Engineers on sophisticated automated machine projects. Works with industrial PCs, PLCs, robots, servo controllers, motors, sensors, and pneumatics in an industrial automation environment. Machines perform various process or inspection functions.
- Works with team of electrical and mechanical engineers and technicians in the assembly and debug of custom automation systems.
- Assists electrical and mechanical technicians in assembly tasks as assigned.
- Performs repairs and modifications to systems as directed.
- Performs Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) qualification runs with the guidance of Software and Applications Engineers.
- Sets or adjusts mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and software parameters for various valves, pneumatic cylinders, sensors, lights, cameras, and lasers to achieve acceptable machine performance.
- Teaches robot pick and place coordinates to achieve acceptable parts handling.
- Configures industrial PC's, loads vendor and company automation software.
- Sets up and tests Ethernet and serial communication.
- Tests alternative techniques and methods; recommends change in procedures or equipment as necessary.
- Provides general assistance in the installation and repair of machinery at customer's facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of PCs, including familiarity with BIOS, registry, and Windows menus.
- Good understanding of industrial control systems, especially servo motion and robotics.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Skilled in the use of basic hand tools, especially wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, and cutting tools.
- Knowledge of basic electrical troubleshooting; including use of a digital multimeter.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Good documentation skills.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and also independently.
Education and Experience:
- AS degree in electronics or equivalent. Additional experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Experience with PC hardware and software and Windows 7 in an industrial setting is greatly desired.
- Experience with PLC, C# or Visual Basic programming a plus.
- Experience in the building, maintenance, or installation of capital equipment is a plus.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2016.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.