|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Over 5 years of relevant professional experience.|
- Partner with key business stakeholders to propose and manage strategic sourcing activities on key commodities.
- Recommend key commodity and inventory strategies to ensure world class supply in support of business objectives.
- Recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria for key commodities.
- Research and develop new supply sources where current commodity supply base is inadequate.
- Provide technical capability for responsible commodity areas in order to communicate effectively with design engineering on quality improvement topics and cost reduction/design change opportunities both internally and within the supply base.
- Monitor, manage key supplier performance metrics, including periodic business reviews with the supplier.
- Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc.
- Maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Maintain a positive, productive relationship with project teams.
- Follow department policy and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gather information a fast paced environment and make the best decision based on business needs.
- Strong negotiating, decision-making and sourcing skills required.
- Effective collaboration skills working with other departments to ensure the timeliness of product ordering and delivery.
- Able to influence teams and people toward program's common goals and getting the job done without having full control over the resources.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent experience is required.
- Over 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical parts commodity, including PCB/PCBA, cables/cable assemblies, and other electro-mechanical parts.
- Experience with blueprints, drawings and technical specifications preferred.
- Experience in New Product Development or in a Project-Based manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement best practices, processes and procedures.
- Experience with international suppliers (specifically in China).
- Experience vetting, establishing and monitoring suppliers.
- Experience with Epicor ERP (Version 10+) preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have experiecne developing and implementing practices and policies such as a supplier scorecard.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.