|Location||Beaverton, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Knowledge of JIRA, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access (forms and reports) and Visio|
|Education||Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience|
A fast growing financial industry company is seeking a Business Analyst that would lead the analysis and documentation of the Business user’s enhancements to, and requirements of their Platform. Working with Executives, Managers and End-Users, the Business Analyst must gather and document requirements, processes, and systems flows. As a key member of the development team, the Business Analyst must possess a strong work ethic and a "do what it takes" work style.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops and meetings, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with appropriate team members and users to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements/Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users and under direction of the Chief Technology Officer, Software Development Manager and Project Manager.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade offs between usability and performance needs.
- Support development team in resolving production issues/escalations based on existing procedures and SLAs.
- Serve as the liaison between the business units, development and support teams.
- Deliver application and workflow training to end users.
- Document existing system design and functionality; information and processes that are not currently documented and only known by select users throughout the company.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including, executives, managers, and end-users.
- Experience in writing User Guides/Customer Manuals is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access (forms and reports) and Visio.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to do what it takes to complete the task.
- Production support/ticket handling skills.
- Adhere to quality standards and meet deadlines set by the Project Manager.
- Work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities. This includes working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Facilitate group sessions, work effectively within a project team, and in collaboration with peers.
- Independently plan, organize and prioritize task assignments.
- Demonstrate procedural and technical writing skills.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with business and technical personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
- Work flexible hours to work with development team as necessary.
- Know-how to work in a hybrid waterfall/agile system.
- Convert waterfall-type requirements into agile User Stories.
- Experience with systems development and the SDLC.
- Financial Services experience or experience with financial applications is a plus.
- Experience in working in highly regulated infrastructures is a plus.
- Experience in developing applications with non-relational databases is a plus.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: