|Location||Salem, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Five years of experience in a CNC Machining environment, preferably in Multi-Axis Milling and/or Turning.|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.|
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design of tooling, equipment, and processes to make an impact on safety, people, quality, responsiveness, and/or cost. The Manufacturing Engineer performs work of a technical nature with minimal supervision, and is expected to use independent judgment in making appropriate decisions within the limits of general practice policies.
- Effectively lead technical project work focused on designing, innovating, improving, and standardizing processes and equipment with user input and buy-in.
- Analyze and interpret operating department needs for new or refurbished equipment, systems and facilities, and propose viable alternatives and solutions.
- Continuously improve manufacturing processes to reduce costs, improve quality, minimize process variability and reduce cycle time.
- Oversee, direct and supervise contractors and consultants during design, construction, modification, and installation of plant equipment, facilities and systems.
- Analyze and assist in planning space requirements, workflows, and design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and safety.
- Coordinate with plant maintenance and operations for various projects.
- Define and implement metrics to accurately measure machine and process performance.
- Prepare cost estimates, schedules and performance objectives for capital and departmental expense projects.
- Prepare specifications and obtain competitive bids and estimates for labor and material costs to acquire funding necessary for the completion of assigned engineering projects.
- Participate with lean / continuous improvement teams to foster creative problem-solving solutions.
- Lead continuous improvement projects.
- Support compliance with safety and environmental management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Problem solving tools including 5Y.
- Manufacturing processes and support.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Continuous improvement principles and techniques.
- CAD software and drawings.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving, supported by a strong technical background.
- The ability to influence and build unified consensus and support across multiple teams and levels to recognize and implement continuous improvements to manufacturing.
- Interpersonal communication, and working effectively with others.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively manage competing priorities with a solutions-oriented approach.
- Break down complex problems into manageable work.
- Remain self-motivated, and work autonomously and effectively.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Five years of heavy manufacturing/industrial experience; preferably in the aerospace/defense industry.
- Five years of experience in a CNC Machining environment, preferably in Multi-Axis Milling and/or Turning.
- Demonstration of a strong aptitude for applying engineering principles in solving manufacturing issues is required.
- Must be familiar with multiple lean concepts including 5S, Kanban, and single-piece flow.
- Two years of Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) experience, preferably in MasterCAM, is preferred.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: