|Location||Lake Oswego, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Proven hands-on Java Development experience for 5 or more years|
|Education||BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject|
SENIOR JAVA ENGINEER
This hands-on technical level role will report directly to the CTO, and be part of a team that has a track record of successfully launching and growing technology companies.
We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
You will be part of a small talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
Java developer responsibilities include designing, developing and delivering high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience for 5 or more years.
- Proven working experience in Java development.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Threading, Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, Messaging, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Experience in the Spring Framework.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC).
- Experience writing API interfaces and integrating HTTP/Restful/SOAP interfaces.
- Strong background in test-driven development.
- Passion for ensuring systems are easy to deploy, operate and maintain.
- Strong technical expertise with Linux, database, virtualization and networking.
- Ability to function effectively as an active member of a small technical team and to work independently as projects require.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business objectives and to be flexible in a small, early-stage entrepreneurial company.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: