|Location||Pullman, WA||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Three (3) years of Linux system administration experience.|
HPC Systems Administrator (Linux)
Our client seeks exceptional applicants for the position of High-Performance Computing Systems Administrator. This position will play a vital role in the administration of HPC clusters used by the research community at our client's site.
Our client has many leaders in scientific research computing in diverse areas including computational physics and chemistry, genomics, materials science, atmospheric and environment sciences, and agriculture and natural resources. Due to the enormous success of their research computing program, they are expanding their staff. This position is an exciting opportunity to participate in the frontiers of research computing through the selection, configuration, and management of HPC infrastructure including computing, networking, and storage.
Ideal candidates should have in-depth experience with the provisioning and administration of HPC clusters. Applicants who have experience with CentOS or RHEL, high speed networking using Mellanox Infiniband, resource schedulers such as Slurm, automation tools such as SaltStack, and parallel file systems including BeeGFS and Spectrum Scale, are highly encouraged to apply.
Summary of Duties:
The High-Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Administrator will provide engineering and administration support for Linux-based HPC clusters used by the research community at our client's site. Responsibilities include hardware selection and configuration, as well as the installation and maintenance of the HPC software infrastructure for networking, computing, and storage. This position requires the administration of a wide variety of HPC technologies, including enterprise Linux operating systems and virtual machines, high-speed Infiniband and Ethernet networks, parallel file systems, and cluster job schedulers. This position is responsible for ensuring a high quality of service and performance of WSU’s HPC research computing resources. This position will also participate in the planning and design of additions to our client's research computing clusters.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline and three (3) years of Linux system administration experience. Relevant education or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise Linux operating systems such as CentOS or RHEL.
- Experience configuring and managing network-attached storage systems, such as RAID arrays or ZFS pools, high speed disk/SSD/NVMe systems, and storage networks.
- Experience configuring and managing network equipment, and familiarity with the OSI model, TCP/IP, firewalls, network security, and performance troubleshooting.
- Experience scripting and automating tasks, using tools such as Python and bash.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the full stack (datacenter rack equipment, server hardware, OS, network, and security) of multi-tenant Linux-based systems both individually and within a team environment.
- Experience architecting and managing HPC systems.
- Experience with SLURM or other job schedulers/resource managers.
- Experience with systems automation tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Experience with virtualization technology such as VMware.
- Experience with identity management technology such as Active Directory, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Experience managing Mellanox Infiniband networks.
- Experience compiling and deploying software. Experience with environment modules such as Lmod.
- Experience with a variety of programming and scripting languages. Knowledge of C, C++, math libraries, MPI, and multicore processing.
- Experience working with researchers in an academic environment.
- Experience with parallel file systems such as BeeGFS and Spectrum Scale.
***This position will require a pre-employment background check.
***Must be a US Citizen of Greencard holder. No 3rd party agencies please!
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: