|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Two years Shipping experience, preferably in low volume high complexity electronics environment.|
|Education||High school diploma or equivalent experience.|
Shipping/Receiving Material Handler
An individual in this position will primarily focus on packing and shipping our client's products, mostly domestic but also uncontrolled international documents. They will also be required to cover Receiving and some general materials related activities. Under general direction this person will perform a variety of activities to ensure the proper shipment, receipt, storage, and movement of materials. This will support Manufacturing, Service and miscellaneous business processes. Our client has a rather complicated shipping procedures, do not underestimate how demanding this could be; many products are ITAR controlled.
This individual should be proficient in the following areas (listed in order of importance) to provide the flexibility needed meet business demands:
- Shipping, verifying part numbers, revisions, counts.
- Transacting material accurately.
- Troubleshoot moderately complex issues such as missing materials, inventory discrepancies, etc.
- SAP Experience.
- Coordinate all domestic shipments, international documents, also work closely with the Export dept. on shipments other than documents (you will not be doing actual export documents).
- Properly package outgoing materials to ASTM or Mil Spec standards.
- Knowledge of MIL specs MIL-Std-129, MIL-Std-2073.
- Dangerous Goods (hazardous materials) certification.
- Processing return to vendor materials.
- FedEx, UPS, Freight Forwarder, various customer portals.
- Receive incoming materials, ensure part numbers, revisions and counts and enter into the SAP ERP system.
- Interface with Purchasing and Accounts Payable on problem issues.
- Audit receipt transactions and reconcile discrepancies.
- Two years Shipping experience, preferably in low volume high complexity electronics environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with ERP/MRP programs, preferably SAP.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, as well as handling material (sliding/shifting/moving) with weights up to 225lbs periodically throughout the day. 80% of day on your feet.
- Detail oriented and ability to research and resolve moderately complex SAP transactional issues.
- Ability to work and adapt within a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Very high level of accuracy in all work performed.
- Forklift skills, ability to pass and safely use sit-down forklift.
- Ability to pass Medical Examiner’s examine and comfort driving vehicles, up to a 32' delivery truck.
- Demonstrated ability using Excel, Outlook, FedEx (all services), Freight Forwarders.
- Positive attitude, not easily frustrated, and the ability to working varying hours often on short notice.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: