|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||5+ years embedded software development experience.|
|Education||BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.|
Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop embedded software for vehicle control and alternative energy systems.
- Develop system models using Matlab/Simulink within an embedded C environment.
- Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements.
- Work with global software engineering team to develop efficient, cost effective electrical, electronic, and software architectures.
- Develop, design, release, and support activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer.
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups in the area of vehicle control systems.
- Collaborate with electronic systems suppliers.
- Provide technical leadership to junior engineers.
- Lead occasional short-term projects.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Proficiency in C programming language.
- Experience with embedded system development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge/skill in Matlab/Simulink.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink.
- Solid knowledge of data communications e.g. CANOpen, J1939.
- Someone who works well in a team setting.
- Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to work and think from boot code to high level abstractions.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to develop and improve procedures.
- Attentive to details.
- Ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
- Ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
- Willingness to travel on occasion (less than 10% total time).
- Willingness to lead small project teams on occasion.
- Specialized knowledge/skill in engineering analysis.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: