|Location||Portland, Or||Pay Rate||$95K|
|Experience||5+ years controls software development experience.|
|Education||BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.|
Controls Software Engineer
- Develop embedded software for vehicle control and alternative energy systems.
- Develop system models using Matlab/Simulink within an embedded C environment.
- Develop system and component level requirements from truck level requirements.
-Work with global software engineering team to develop efficient, cost effective electrical, electronic, and software architectures .
- Develop, design, release, and support activities to ensure that the engineering outputs meet the quality, reliability, performance, and cost expectations of the customer.
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Sourcing, Marketing, and Aftermarket groups in the area of vehicle control systems.
- Collaborate with electronic systems suppliers.
- Provide technical leadership to junior engineers.
- Lead occasional short-term projects.
- 5+ years controls software development experience.
- Proficiency in embedded system development.
- Proficiency in model development with Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in C programming.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- Proficiency in C programming.
- Controls System Architecture Design
- Experience with automated code generation from Matlab.
- Working knowledge of data communications.
- Ability to provide technical project leadership.
- Ability to influence and work in a team setting.
- Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Ability to work comfortably with low level details up to high level abstractions.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to develop and improve procedures.
- Attentive to details.
- Ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
- Willingness to travel (less than 10% total time).
- Willingness to lead projects and teams.