|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Big data technologies is a must|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or similar technical field of study.|
Data Engineer III (FTE)
We're looking for an amazing Senior Data Engineer to join our client's talented enterprise data engineering team based in Portland, Oregon. Their team is responsible for a mature on-premise data warehouse utilizing the MSBI technology stack of SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS (Tabular and MDX), SSRS, and Power BI. They are also in the early stages of a fast-paced integration of Azure data services which include Data Factory, Data Lake Store/ Blob, Function Apps, HDI, Spark, Databricks, PolyBase, SQL/ and SQL Datawarehouse. They will continue to harden their MSBI stack while they integrate and operationalize Azure services and transform their workloads and the speed at which they are able to deliver solutions to business partners.
This key Data Engineering role will be critical to their success in integrating the Azure data services. Experience with Big Data technologies is a must, Azure experience highly preferred. An extensive background with traditional ETL, relational database architecture, and Data Warehouses are large pluses.
- Their Data Engineers must be at the top of their game in data engineering, thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy working directly with our business partners.
- Ability to profile data, understand and improve data quality, and bring best practices in data management to our business partners.
- Develop data storage and modeling solutions using tools Azure SQL, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, and Hadoop.
- Engineer data pipelines using Integration Runtimes, Azure Data Factory, U-SQL, and PolyBase. SSIS experience a plus.
- Spark – how to work with RDDs and Data Frames (emphasis on Data Frames) to query and perform data manipulation.
- Deliver data to end user using tools such as SSAS Tabular models and downstream applications and REST Services. Experience with SSRS and Power BI a plus.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or similar technical field of study.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: