|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Must be an experienced user of SolidWorks CAD large assembly management and PDM tools to optimize designs.|
|Education||BS/MS in Mechanical or Optical Engineering or equivalent in an engineering environment or a combination of education and experience.|
SENIOR OPTO-MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Responsible for opto-mechanical design engineering of electro-optical imaging systems. Functions include opto-mechanical design, analysis, validation testing and documentation of parts and sub-systems in a military qualified Optical Mechanical Electrical system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compatibility of new designs with vendor manufacturing processes (internal and external).
- Develops optical test equipment and procedures for complex optical systems.
- Performs component qualification.
- Organizes and plans opto-mechanical design/drafting activities and documentation for a given engineering development project.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs, capable of conducting both vibration and thermal testing, providing complete reports of results.
- Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design documentation, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Performs design, analysis and verification of complex mechanical, electro-mechanical devices or assemblies.
- Must be an experienced user of SolidWorks CAD large assembly management and PDM (Product Data Management) tools to optimize designs.
- Proficient with SolidWorks CAD and other optical analysis tools (Zemax preferred).
- Optical alignment devices such as autocollimators, optical and laser instrumentation.
- Interferometers to evaluate mechanical mounting effect of optical surfaces.
- Demonstrated successful engineering design of kinematic and dynamics for optical-mechanical assemblies and mechanisms with precision mounting, adjustment, and switching of optical elements.
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Working knowledge of ANSI/ASME drafting standards.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and must be detail oriented.
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Other equipment such as thermal chambers, vibration tables, thermocouples, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.
- Good communication skills; keeps people informed; listens effectively to others.
- Effective at working in team situations.
- Results orientated; finds ways to get things done.
- Quality: promotes continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinking: sees broader implications; judges particular events in context of whole.
- Analytical thinking: breaks down complex problems; systematically identifies causes and develop recommendations.
- Able to identify risks and ways to mitigate them.
- Dependable: can be counted on to follow through on commitments.
- Tenacious: able to demonstrate persistence despite setbacks.
- Flexible: able to adapt to changes
BS/MS in Mechanical or Optical Engineering or equivalent in an engineering environment or a combination of education and experience.
- 10 plus years of experience in an opto-mechanical engineering design environment.
- Experience designing optical mechanisms for infrared and optical imaging systems.
- Capable of using, improving and developing highly precise optical alignment processes and fixtures; able to write clear and concise alignment procedures for production technicians to follow.
- Familiar with gimbal-stabilized refractive and reflective optical designs.
- Familiar with the use of interferometers, point-source microscopes and other optical measurement equipment.
- Experience working in a design and manufacturing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts and practices utilized in an electronics manufacturing environment.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: