|Location||New York, NY||Pay Rate|
|Experience||6+ years of experience with traditional database development on Oracle/MSSQL/Postgres|
Our client in New York City is looking for a Sr. Database Developer with a diverse background in data integration to join their Data Management team.
You will be responsible for collaborating with various business teams (Revenue, Marketing, Product, Sales) and Data Science/BI teams to design and develop custom data solutions.
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in finding the right database to use, right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to step up and take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, this is a unique opportunity for you.
- Design, develop and support multiple data projects in traditional relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and Postgres as well as non-traditional database such as Vertica, and MongoDB.
- Analyze business requirements, design and implement required data model and ETL processes on your own.
- Participate in data architecture and engineering decision making/planning.
- Create an enterprise level data inventory regardless of source, format, structure.
- Connect and integrate individual datasets for better analysis and transparency between the data.
- Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 6+ years of experience with traditional database development on Oracle/MSSQL/Postgres.
- 2+ years of experience with databases other than Oracle/MSSQL/Postgres, such as Vertica, MongoDB or HDFS/HIVE.
- Experience with the ETL tools such as Microsoft SSIS, Talend or Pentaho.
- Experience working closely with teams outside of IT (ie. Business Intelligence, Finance, Marketing, Sales).
- Strong communication and documentation skill is absolutely required for this role as you will be working directly with both IT and non-technical groups.
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new technologies and business and willing to take initiative beyond basic responsibilities.
- Requires minimal or no direct supervision.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl or Python.
- Experience with the reporting platforms such as Tableau or Cognos.
- Experience with statistical computing environment such as R or SAP.
- Experience with setting up the infrastructure and architectural requirements.
- Database administration experience a plus, but not required.
- Web analytics or Business Intelligence a plus, but not required.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: