|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||3-5 years of Software Development Management experience, growing and leading teams with cutting edge technologies.|
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Our client's technology team is almost like a start-up within their already established FinTech business. They are looking for a Software Development Manager to help them build a world class Software Development practice to meet their business initiatives. Because of the rapid growth that they are expecting in their Software Development organization, they would love to have a candidate who can start from scratch and build a mature Software Development company, applying proper principles of growth.
Strong knowledge of their specific technology stack (Node, Express, Vue, Mongo) is not required, but it would be a big plus if the successful candidate came from a similar environment. Fundamental knowledge of Software Development practices is more important than specific knowledge of their company's tech stack though.
They are more focused on finding someone who will use technology processes that will allow the developers to code and not have to troubleshoot all the time (a CI/CD development environment).
They need a visionary who can paint a good picture of their architecture and deliver an enterprise platform in their cloud technology (AWS).
- Work with business units for integration of a new business systems, which can handle all lines of business and interact with other working applications (proprietary, off-the-shelf and customized).
- Create a road map, architect and build a proprietary application with complete database architecture, functionality mapped to existing processes, compliant with all Federal and State regulations and integrated with above-mentioned accounting software.
- Set cadence and production expectations for product development, roll-out, and release.
- The creation of the infrastructure, team, and processes to understand, aggregate, translate and implement the needs of diverse management initiatives through the creation and rapid deployment of technology tools.
- High levels of integrity, optimism, and commitment.
- Business and leadership savvy are more important than technical ability or experience. A track record of "making things happen" is required. The organization is platform agnostic but is currently utilizing Microsoft technologies and Node.js.
- Charismatic and energetic leadership capabilities.
Capable of building and instilling high levels of trust and confidence.
- Ability to manage both up, down and sideways with and between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to grasp and understand complex business and finance concepts and translate them into detailed technical instructions.
- High degree of ownership and responsibility, with almost obsessive personal need to solve/deliver.
Patience and comfort working with all levels and types of stakeholders and staff.
- Persistence, perseverance, and willingness to work around the clock for extended periods.
- Focused on "How Can" rather than "What Can't Be Done".
- Self-starting with low requirement/expectation of hand-holding or detailed direction/instructions. Action oriented and self-reliant.
- Out of the box thinker.
If this describes you and sounds like the type of role that you would like to be in, we'd love to hear from you!!
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: