|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||At least 5 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry standard methodologies.|
|Education||The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.|
NETWORK SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Our client's Engineering Operations team is hiring a Network Systems Engineer with a background in datacenter and cloud environments to help us with design, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of their production systems & network. Their team is responsible
for technology areas including automation, networking, virtualization, container orchestration, system and database administration, and management of co-located, cloud and serverless infrastructure.
They are looking for someone who is experienced in networking technologies and enjoys learning and applying various emerging technologies. As a member of their team, you will participate in the selection, design, and implementation of the solutions that drive their products and have the opportunity to mentor and guide our technical teams.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Solid understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies.
- Working technical knowledge of network control and security protocols.
- Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing.
- Experience implementing, administering, and solving problems with network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- The ability to build accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Understanding of infrastructure design patterns (logging, monitoring, HA, DR, automation).
- Experience with F5 Networks and Cisco ASA.
- A solid understanding of interconnecting networks via VPN or other secure means.
- The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative agile environment.
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
A Perfect Candidate Would:
- Be driven to automate wherever possible.
- Have experience with Linux, VMware NSX or other SDN technologies.
- Have experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Have experience administering private and public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
- Have experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry standard methodologies.
- Have the ability to define and implement security protocols for transmitted and stored data.
- Have the ability and willingness to help troubleshoot and work on local area networks supporting office environments.
- Have knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Have the ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of Engineering, IT and outside the organization.
- Have 2+ years of administering applications running on Linux (CentOS/Red Hat a plus).
Required Experience and Education:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies and hardware they use are: Cisco (ASA 55xx, Nexus 9xxxx, UCS 51xx, HyperFlex 2xx), F5 BIG-IP, Dell, AWS, VMware, CentOS, NetApp, NGINX, HAProxy, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Sensu, Splunk, Java/Tomcat, Vault, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at: