|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Strong experience supporting an office environment with Microsoft Technologies|
Technology & Building Systems Engineer
The Technology & Building Systems Engineer's primary role will be the overall maintenance of office and building systems as they relate to computer based control and monitoring. This includes building access, parking access, energy management, elevators, alarms, cameras, smart meters and all other building interfaces. This position will also perform office and system support in the Northwest Region.
Responsible for being a productive member of a team, the individual will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization's office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of office information technology experience.
- Microsoft certifications (MCSE, MCP, etc.).
- Knowledge of PC hardware and any associated certifications (A+, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of building systems including HVAC, Elevator, Fire systems, etc.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Operating systems and applications to include but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong administration skills â€“ organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and work remotely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- A proven ability to build strong client and vendor relationships and maintain an excellent customer focus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in overall computer and network systems to include design, implementation, and operations.
- Onsite and remote IT support for end users in NW Region:
a. Desktop support including software updates, Adds/Moves/Changes, application support, etc.
b. Desk Phones
c. Mobile devices
f. End User Training
3. Utilize work order system to document support operations for corporate resources
- Coordinate video conferencing equipment setup and utilization
- General technology knowledge and integration with corporate operations
- Phone system and telecom management and maintenance:
a. Add/Moves/Changes to office and building phones
- ROE/Rooftop agreement management:
a. Assist with managing all telecom/cable/satellite/data/fiber vendors providing service within the building
- Building network management/maintenance/documentation:
a. Building networks in each of the properties support the following:
i. Building/Energy Management System
ii. Elevator Management System
iii. Video Surveillance System
iv. Access System
v. Parking management and control systems
vi. Residential communication systems
- Elevator interior display updates:
a. Design and upload graphic changes as required
- Management of building handheld radio systems.
- Parking and building access card and key control:
a. Primary point of contact for access operations in Hassalo Residential and Lloyd District
- Building automation system interface.
- Building information management/backup/disaster recovery:
a. Ensure all building systems are backed up in an efficient and usable manner and can be accessed in the event of a failure
- Common area services including:
b. Transit Tracker
- Key management system (Keytrack, Keywatcher or other).
- Video surveillance system management.
- Technology training for staff.
- Maintain documentation for building network and attached systems as necessary.
- Riser management:
a. Supervise all new and existing work to ensure it meets building standards
b. Monitor and control access to all risers and demarcation rooms
- Building Engines or other work order system:
a. Understand system and assist in troubleshooting issues as they occur
- Work closely with the on-site property management teams to ensure that high quality services are consistently provided in the management of properties:
a. Be available to provide 24-hour support to building and security staff as it relates to supported systems
Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients.
Initiative and Confidence
Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties.
Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination while adhering to deadlines.
Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behavior has on the reputation of the company and always proceeds in an ethical manner.
Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness
Role Specific competencies:
Demonstrates a desire to address customer needs (internal & external) and does so in a timely and professional manner.
Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behavior has on the reputation and financial performance of the company. Possesses and employs knowledge of systems,
situations, pressures, and cultures inside and outside of the organization to identify potential
organizational, market, and other problems and opportunities
Demonstrates effective organizational abilities by delivering work according to deadlines.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: