|Location||Wilsonville, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||10 years of Technical Writing experience|
Our manufacturing client in Wilsonville, OR is in need of a Contract Technical Writer to work on an assignment through the end of September. Here is the formal job description:
Minimum of 10 years work experience as a technical writer.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Ensure documents are written following the department format and are technically accurate and professionally presented.
- Review documents written by co-workers to ensure technical/professional accuracy.
Core Software Programs include:
-XML database - Arbortext (preferred) with DITA formatting experience.
- Windchill data base management
- Photoshop & Illustrator
- CAD background a plus
Revise existing manuals to reflect latest software/hardware releases and/or write manuals for new systems.
- Develop and produce technical task descriptions for all levels of maintenance; organizational, intermediate and depot level.
- Create graphics as needed and incorporate into the database/documents as needed.
- Create Notes, Cautions and Warnings, when applicable.
Ability to evaluate and interpret source data for writing assignments to include:
- Engineering data
- Simulators and hands on equipment
- Assembly Work instructions
Effective communication with downstream departments:
- Attending software status meetings/engineering status meetings.
- Interview engineers, service personnel, and trainers, as needed to clarify/understand system functions/hardware.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: