|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in Systems Administration|
|Education||Completed AS or higher degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or similar programs; or comparable qualifications/certifications with practical experience.|
The successful candidate for this role will have a strong understanding of Office 365 and everything that comes with it. Mobility, SharePoint, Teams (the company is not using Teams yet, but they are likely going to soon). Someone that is comfortable driving the position forward. Able to come in and feels comfortable setting company strategy. Must be independent to support Portland office needs. Will also work with peers in international sites, so itâ€™s a global position.
This person will be the content expert that the other sites will look to for strategy of deployment of Office 365. The company will be migrating their systems to the cloud. All applications that are non-essential to production are moving to the cloud. They are a standard Windows 10 environment right now and everything will be moved to Office 365.
Any Microsoft Certs (or Azure certs) would be a big plus. This person will be driving and setting strategy, so leadership skills are important. Communication and articulation of their points (written and verbal) is essential so that they can communicate why they are doing things the way they are doing them.
Network side experience would be a plus, but the Systems experience is the key. The company can train this person on the network side. They would be expecting this person to make decisions on how they would manage security on devices with Office 365, and if employees can use their own devices with the new system (or would they need a work device) for security purposes?
Because this is global role, this person needs to be open to working outside of normal business hours (typically 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM is the range in which meetings can start within their company).
This is an exciting opportunity because this person gets to set strategy on the company's transition to a new platform. so they really get to put their stamp on how the migration to Office 365 goes.
Here is the formal Job Description:
Provide technical expertise to design, implement and maintain the hardware and operating software environment of departmental and enterprise computer systems needed to support corporate objectives; including technical assistance to software developers and database administrators. Provide technical leadership to team and lead projects that involve significant architectural changes. Limited supervision required.
- Frequently investigate, interpret, and analyze information to develop solutions to hardware and system software problems and issues; including short-term and long-term solutions as required to minimize impact of downtime to manufacturing and support.
- Evaluate hardware and system software products offered by various vendors. Analyze cost/benefit to determine best value to satisfy objectives while meeting corporate requirements for system availability and allowing for future growth and capacity. Make vendor selection.
- Routinely recommend policies and guidelines relative to the use and control of departmental and enterprise computer systems; including security access and disaster recovery.
- Prioritize requests, problem resolutions, and system enhancements.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Digital Workplace - Development of new IT workstation systems and mobile solutions based on Microsoft Office 365.
- Work globally in an internal infrastructure team.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a global service provider control their delivered services for Workplace operations.
- Check regularly service delivery reports of the service provider for the Digital Workplace services and claim corrective actions or demand necessary service changes.
- Create and maintain hardware/system software design and layout documentation. Document system procedures.
- Plan and perform Operating System and layered software installations and upgrades. Create contingency plans for all changes and implementations.
- Administer user accounts, printers, directories, file systems, and other support tasks to ensure system integrity and consistency.
- Responsible for integrity of system backups and procedures.
- Investigate and evaluate new and emerging IT technologies.
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members. - Provide support or mentoring and training as required to broaden teamâ€™s overall skill-set.
- Participate in project teams and ensure integration of activities needed to meet project goals.
- Provide technical support to applications developers and DBAs.
- Train support personnel to troubleshoot systems. Provide documentation as required.
- Prepare Capital Project Implementation Plans for corporate committee review and approval.
- Out-of-area travel to attend training and user groups, or as necessary. (secondary)
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Completed AS or higher degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or similar programs; or comparable qualifications/certifications with practical experience.
- Minimum two to four (2-4), ideally three (3), years experience in Systems Administration.
- Knowledge of current technologies and developments in one or more subject areas.
- Minimum of 2 years infrastructure/network discovery, design, build, and migration experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in 3 of the following areas:
~Collaboration Technologies (O365, Email, jabber, Cisco WebEx)
~Mobility Technologies (InTune, Airwatch)
~Single Sign-on (Microsoft)
~Core Workplace Services (AD, DNS, DHCP, File Services, SharePoint, Print Services)
~Cloud Storage (Azure)
~Virtualization Technologies (VMWare, Citrix, Azure)
- Infrastructure technology certifications including but not limited to Azure/Microsoft Collaboration/Cisco (desired skill).
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team ability, reliability and a purposeful and independent way of working.
- High commitment, flexibility and dedication
Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Mid to senior level experience and knowledge in computer hardware and operating systems.
- Experience with multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills and techniques.
- Proficient in use of Siltronic standard Project Management methodology and experience managing projects.
- Effective team interaction and leadership skills.
- Extensive understanding of Networking protocols and devices.
- Self-directed work habits.
- Programming and analytical skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability in crisis management.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Experience with applications development environment and database support.
- Able to be on-call and provide off-hours support.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Willing to travel internationally as business needs dictate.
- Require telephone usage, sitting, standing, walking, ability to use keyboard and mouse.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: