|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||5+ years of Java development using J2EE Application Development.|
Our client is a supply chain management leader, delivering clients a unique combination of global logistics, packaging and materials sourcing solutions.
This position will give someone the platform to completely disrupt a well established industry and set new precedence moving forward!
The Java developer will be part of an agile team developing solutions built on the J2EE (Java Enterprise Edition) platform. Projects will include full stack web development, reporting and ETL processes. You will recommend and implement changes to existing software, as well as recommend ideas for implementing future software. Your proficiency in Java-based applications will allow you to do custom development, integrate older tools and technologies, and continuously build their own skills. The ideal candidate is able to learn and keep up with rapidly changing computer technology. You will research and analyze existing programs, and prepare documentation for work assignments. Additionally, you will work with a team of other engineers and IT professionals, contributing to regular quality assurance activities such as a test-driven development and peer review.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the product teams and report clearly and accurately to management.
- Develop and maintain custom Java applications and reporting solutions based on business requirements.
- Independently design/code to meet requirements created in collaboration with the product team.
- Work in shared development environment (GIT - check in/out, branch, merge, etc.
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues and resolve issues with due urgency.
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation.
- Assist as needed in the administration of cloud based (AWS/Azure) solution environments.
- 5+ years of Java development using J2EE Application Development.
- Ability to architect Restful Web APIs and microservices.
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL, including maintenance and performance.
- Experience developing ETL Processes to ingest data from multiple sources, transform it into a common formats and update target data stores.
- DevOps experience (CI/CD).
- Comfortable working with highly collaborative small internal or external teams, with overseas teams, and able to work independently with clear direction.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute for self and others.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Focus on continual process improvement.
- Easily adapt to changing priorities.
- .NET development using Visual Studio, C# and SQL Server.
- Development experience with SQL Server, TSQL and SSRS.
- Branding master pages, page layouts and CSS templates.
- Working knowledge leveraging Microsoft's suite of technologies for providing Business Intelligence solutions such as Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Eclipse Jemo
- Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of various scripting languages like bash / PowerShell.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: