|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Three to five (3-5) years inside sales / customer service experience / sales.|
|Education||Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Mgmt, Engineering, Marketing or relevant discipline.|
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
What makes an ideal fit in this role?
They need someone in this role who is technically inclined. Technical aptitude is highly desirable, or this person should have a high Science aptitude. They work with a lot of material scientists.
Our client is a $1.5B company with 36 people worldwide who do those sales for their organization. This role is focused on real account management and looking for long term relationships. This role will not be hunting for new accounts. More managing existing business and working with those accounts to leverage more business.
The top 10-15 accounts make up the large majority of our clientâ€™s sales and they re looking for someone to help them grow the smaller clients that comprise the bulk of their business outside of those top accounts.
Promotion is based on timing and aptitude, but their US salesforce is aging and it would be good to get someone into this role who is seeking a long-term career opportunity.
They have a base salary plus the quarterly bonus incentive program. They also offer a car allowance in this role.
Ideal candidate will want to grow with the company and has some semi-conductor/engineering/technical aptitude background. This person should also have at least 3-5 years of technical sales experience (over 5 would be preferred).
The candidate will go to Germany or Asia for training so the ability to travel is a must. This is a global role with global customers. Even small customers are large global customers. This role would be less than 25% travel. Every day there is international correspondence, so this person must be comfortable conducting international business (along the timelines that this needs to be conducted).
Here is the formal Job Description:
Our client produces silicon wafers that serve all of the major semiconductor manufactures globally. This position is responsible for the relationship development/maintenance as well as all aspects of the sale cycle for products manufactured by our client to the assigned customer base, and any potential customers he / she is asked to contact by Director, Sales & Marketing.
In this unique account management sales function, it is common to have frequent international interfacing, challenging technical/manufacturing topics, and varying customer issues to solve.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Facilitate good communication with all plant personnel involving various situations, including, but not limited to effect problem solving, acquire pertinent information (i.e. shipments, capacity, processes, procedures, benefits, protocol, etc.).
- Set sales, new business and project goals for assigned account base.
- Assume responsibility for the assigned customer base consisting of penetration to large customers as defined by the Director, Sales & Marketing.
- Develop and maintain key contacts in purchasing, management, quality control, engineering and other associated departments at each assigned customer.
- Organize and maintain all specifications, correspondence, orders and inquiries relative to these customers.
- Assist customers outside the assigned customer base in the absence of the primary person responsible for the account.
- Acquire basic knowledge of contacts, products and competition at key and focus accounts within the U.S. global customer base.
- Perform functions of the order / inquiry entry system including entering, editing, changing schedules, forecasting, order balancing, and any / all additional function necessary to successfully maintain accurate production system entries.
- Monitor competition including, but not limited to pricing, expansions, service, personnel, and strategies.
- Find opportunities with current, past and potential customer including, but not limited to finding opportunities through customer visits, hearsay, internet, newspapers / magazines, or following industry trends.
- Develop capabilities to improve effectiveness in performing his / her duties and in communicating between company groups and departments.
- Create all required sales reports including quarterly reports, visit reports, expense account reports, forecast reports, and any other reports that may be necessary.
- Generate all presentations needed for internal and external meetings and to effectively coordinate meetings including, but not limited to time, location, personnel to attend, and agenda.
- Maintain a good general understanding of companyâ€™s cost of manufacturing.
- Maintain a business ethics standard above reproach.
- Travel to visit accounts as required by assignment, account / corporate objectives, and as demanded by our customers.
- Working knowledge of industry and customer organizations. Understanding of companyâ€™s role in the industry and our representativesâ€™ pool of contact resources. Utilization of these resources for development of our client's business and their own network base.
- Travel to production facilities to participate in non-sales, team-related projects. (secondary)
- Assist other areas and perform activities within organization as assigned by Director, Sales & Marketing. (secondary)
Education, Experience, Physical Requirements and Knowledge:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Mgmt, Engineering, Marketing or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of zero to five (0-5 years inside sales / customer service experience / sales).
- A working knowledge of generic types of software, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Products, with strong skills in Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Understanding of products and familiarity with customer base and contacts.
- Knowledge of the industry with some knowledge of industry trends and markets, and the ability to obtain additional information as needed.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrate strong dedication to customer service.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate sales forecasting.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills.
- Ability to sit, stand, travel, walk at will, communicate via telephone, & use the computer for various amounts of time throughout the day.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: