|Location||Washington DC,||Pay Rate|
|Experience||10+ years proposal management (or equivalent) experience with demonstrated success delivering winning proposals >$100M.|
|Education||BA or BS degree|
DIRECTOR OF PROPOSAL MANAGEMENT
Our client is seeking a Director of Proposal Management to lead large, complex competitive proposals supporting both domestic and international markets. This position will be located in Arlington, VA or Elkridge, MD.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a Proposal Manager with demonstrated experience leading proposal team and winning.
You will be expected to lead proposal teams to develop discriminating solutions, pursuit win strategy and ultimately deliver winning proposals. Other key tasks include developing strategies to improve scoring, compliance with RFP requirements and working directly with the business development team to develop win strategy. You will participate in the overall business development strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned as it relates to key captures.
- Leads planning, development and preparation of domestic and international proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Tenders, and Requests for Quotes (RFQs); ultimately responsible for submitting a compliant, winning proposal.
- Leads assigned proposals with ownership of win strategy in the proposal, compliance, Evaluation Notices (ENs), Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs) and ultimately responsible for a winning proposal for efforts >$100M.
- RFI, RFQ, and RFP review, analysis, scheduling, tracking, content development, writing, compliance, preparation, color team reviews and execution of various types of proposals.
- Coordinate Program, Product, and Capture Managers to develop clear, concise and compelling proposal material that maximizes scoring against the evaluation criteria and articulates a consistent strategy.
- Collaborate with the capture team to gain an appropriate understanding of the sales strategy and to ensure the response clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiators against our competition.
- Develop and hold team members accountable for the overall proposal schedule, production schedule, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal development plan, and writing assignments.
- Write and synthesize proposal/marketing narrative in near real time and/or utilize existing archived proposal information as needed. Provide technical writing, editing, and proof-reading services for key areas of the proposal including articulation of strategic value, past performance capabilities, technical approach, project governance, and tailoring of resumes.
- Manage Proposal SharePoint Site(s), create/maintain proposal file organization, content library. Train proposal team members on SP (or equivalent) as required and ensure timely distribution of internal and external proposal documents to team (e.g., RFP, schedules, etc.) Maintain configuration control of all living and dead proposal files, forms, graphics, drafts, reviewers' comments, and approvals.
- BA or BS degree with 10+ years proposal management (or equivalent) experience with demonstrated success delivering winning proposals >$100M.
- United States Citizenship required and ability to obtain a clearance.
- Solid understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) procurement processes and policies with minimum 3 years of progressive experience specifically working federal government proposals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and high-technology environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products; working knowledge of industry standard graphics programs preferred.
- Creative thinking yet detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team leader, with dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management and a variety of staff members.
- Ability to work in a team environment and extra hours/weekends when needed including travel.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously, maintain professional attitude, and work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Familiar with industry standard proposal development concepts, practices, and procedures with existing certifications.
- Training or certification in the Shipley Associates capture and proposal methodologies or APMP Certification preferred.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers across our client's business.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Staffing job opportunities, please visit our website at: