|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||5+ years of demonstrated expert-level Windows/Linux System Administration experience supporting critical production infrastructure.|
|Education||BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, or equivalent experience.|
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Our client is looking for a motivated Sr. Systems Administrator who shares their passion for technology, innovation and reliability. You will be responsible for things such as designing, building and supporting the platforms that deliver content and services for the local division of our nationally based client. If you have a home lab, or spend personal time looking at technology, you will be right at home. This position is part of our client's Operations team supporting a highly transactional, geographically distributed, Internet facing infrastructure responsible for housing and delivering HIPAA data.
What you'll do in this role:
- Work alongside software engineering teams in supporting the architecture and development of our next generation of infrastructure and applications.
- Be exposed to new technologies and products
- Monitor and support production systems.
- Automate system and infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
- Address production issues outside of working hours in an on-call capacity.
- Participate in a shared 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Enjoy being part of a highly functional team.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated expert-level Windows/Linux System Administration experience supporting critical production infrastructure.
- Expert level proficiency in troubleshooting Operating Systems and Infrastructure.
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and load balancing concepts.
- Core understanding of key security concepts and auditing requirements.
- Deep knowledge of Windows/Linux OS commands/utilities (process, network, file systems, job control, etc).
- Proficient in Virtualization and Cloud Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc).
- Proficient in High Availability and BCP concepts (Backup & Recovery, Server Clustering, Server Farms, Recovery Time/Point Objectives, etc).
- Ability to write shell scripts (VB Script, PowerShell, bash, etc).
- Ability to create and maintain technical and process documentation to ensure efficient and consistent deployment and support of systems.
- Ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with Cisco ACI, Fortigate and minimal network configuration.
- Experience supporting automation and infrastructure as code.
- Experience with supporting Audits for certifications such as HITRUST.
- Deep proficiency in supporting Active Directory/LDAP, IIS, NET.
- Understanding of database systems such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or NoSQL.
- Storage Management experience with Dell/EMC MD, Data Domain and ScaleIO.
- Cloud based administration experience.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: