|Location||Portland, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Minimum four (4) years of experience in Quality or Applications Engineering or a closely related field, to include routine external customer interface, and understanding of the core quality tools.|
|Education||BS degree in engineering, math, science is required.|
SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER
The Senior Quality Engineer provides a leadership role within the organization to ensure optimal output of the quality system. This position interfaces with all levels of the organization, both local and international, working daily with Manufacturing, Technology, and Customers to respond to issues within the quality management system. The position is responsible to review, resolve and prevent material and administrative quality issues through optimization of the relevant systems within the Business Units. The role of the QE is to maximize customer satisfaction and company image through proactive facilitation of continuous improvement programs.
- Define and lead the implementation of new systems to improve quality performance and customer satisfaction.
- Proactively determine specific customer requirements and their measures of quality.
- Determine when and to what extent to involve external customers in issues relating to the quality of their product.
- Identify stakeholders needed to review and decide the quality of the product in question. Recommend final decisions on product acceptability.
- Organize and lead Quality projects for improvement.
- Determine compliance of management, customer, and support oriented processes at local and global sites to the requirements of IATF 16949, International Management System (IMS), Customer Specific requirements (CSA), and local and international documents.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
- Interact with internal and external customers to resolve quality issues.
- Respond to internal quality issues that may negatively affect the company and/or affecting customer satisfaction.
- Drive corrective/preventive action plans for product and system failures using the 8D process.
- Determine key quality measures that are needed for internal product to facilitate customer satisfaction and compliance.
- Ensure manufacturing traceability, and conformance to customer specifications, and requirements.
- Prepare clear and concise reports for customers and management related to quality assurance activities.
- Provide training to the internal teams related to Quality requirements, and core tools.
- Organize, facilitate and/or lead internal and external audits.
- Assist Quality Manager in maintaining and improving the quality system, including corrective actions and change management follow up and closure.
- Provide leadership for internal teams related to Quality requirements, and core tools.
- BS degree in engineering, math, science is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in Quality or Applications Engineering or a closely related field, to include routine external customer interface, and understanding of the core quality tools (root cause analysis, FMEA, SPC, sampling, and auditing, etc).
- Certification as a CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) from ASQ (American Society for Quality), is preferred. Certification as a Green or Black Belt is preferred.
- Experience with SQL scripting, and other software languages is preferred.
- Statistical knowledge, and experience with Statistical software and the core Quality tools is preferred.
- Advanced and professional knowledge of the quality and measurement systems, correlations, and technical parameters used in the wafer manufacturing process.
- Knowledge and experience of the auditing process, and quality standards.
- Experience in using AIAG automotive core tools is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems, and quality requirements, as well as experience in the semiconductor industry are required.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills is required. Ability to communicate complex technical issues to key business customers and internal management. Ability to lead and facilitate teams and handle complex negotiations.
- Demonstrated application of word processing, spreadsheets and database software packages for engineering projects. Ability to use manufacturing information and data systems to analyze and solve complex quality engineering projects.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk at will, communicate via telephone, & use the computer for various amounts of time throughout the day.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.
Lexicon Solutions offers a generous referral bonus program. For more information, visit our website at:
To view other Lexicon Solutions job opportunities, please visit our website at: