|Location||Vancouver, WA||Pay Rate|
|Experience||Working Knowledge of state-of-the-art video coding standards, such as HEVC and H.264/MPEG-AVC|
|Education||Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related fields (MSEE with 3+ years of experience may also be considered)|
Video Coding Researcher:
We are looking for an outstanding researcher to join our Video Coding team. In this role, you will actively create and refine video coding technologies beyond state-of-the-art, with the goal of achieving twice the coding efficiency of current methods and increased functionalities for future video, broadcast and IoT applications. You will also champion the results of your work to internal stakeholders, standardization bodies and academic communities.
The position requires a proven record of idea creation in the area of video coding, as evident through the publication of work in leading academic journals and conferences, standardization contributions, patents, and/or transfer of algorithms to product. As such, you will have deep expertise in one or more core video coding technologies, including motion compensation, intra prediction, transform design, entropy coding, loop filtering, deblocking, and rate control. Working knowledge of relevant standards, such as HEVC and H.264/MPEG-AVC, is also preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to the position, as is an interest and desire to work closely with other video coding researchers both at our client and externally within the MPEG, ITU-T, and JCT-VC standardization committees.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (MSEE with 3+ years of experience may also be considered).
- Deep knowledge of and passion for video coding algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to create novel algorithms and solutions.
- Expertise in C and/or C++ in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of state-of-the-art video coding standards, such as HEVC and H.264/MPEG-AVC.
- Knowledge of the MPEG and ITU-T standardization processes.
- Experience with patent creation and prosecution activities.
- Experience quantifying hardware and implementation requirements.
- Exposure to emerging video application areas, such as 360 degree video, virtual reality, and/or augmented reality content.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2017.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and sick time.
- Direct deposit payroll option.