|Location||Lake Oswego, OR||Pay Rate|
|Experience||5+ years of Linux System Administration|
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
This hands-on technical position will report directly to the CTO and be part of a team that has a track record of successfully launching and growing technology companies.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the production technical infrastructure, operations, and security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of critical 24x7 production systems.
- Respond to alerts and support calls after normal business work hours and on the weekends.
- Work with external vendors to maintain company's hosted infrastructure and 24x7 help desk.
- Perform scheduled after-hours tasks as required.
- Ensure that appropriate storage and redundancy is maintained in overall infrastructure.
- Ensure that IT systems are in compliance with internal and customer security policies.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the Production systems.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues. Monitors usage and performance.
- Assist with scheduling and implementing system and software upgrades or repairs.
- Five or more years of hands-on IT operation & Linux System Administration experience.
- Must have strong Configuration Management Skills and good Scripting skills.
- Strong technical expertise with Linux, database, virtualization and networking.
- Ability to function effectively as an active member of a small technical team and to work independently as projects require.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business objectives and to be flexible in a small, early-stage entrepreneurial company.
- Knowledge of VMware technologies.
- Knowledge of storage management.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network monitoring.
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices.
- Skill in software installation and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public.
Lexicon Solutions is a full-service staffing company specializing in contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement, and payroll services. Located in the Portland metro area, we are at the heart of technology in the Pacific Northwest. Lexicon Solutions has been voted by the Portland Business Journal as one of Portland's Top Staffing Firms from 2009 - 2018.
Lexicon Solutions is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the following:
- Major PPO (Pre-tax) medical/dental cafeteria plan.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance.
- Complementary care.
- Individual supplemental term life policies.
- Paid holidays and PTO.
- Direct deposit payroll option.